Need help? Please let us know in the UMEP Community.
8. How to Contribute¶
UMEP is an an open source tool that we are keen to get others inputs and contributions. There are two main ways to contribute:
- Submit comments or issues to the repository
- Participate in Coding or adding new features.
- Create new tutorials for the UMEP-plugin.
8.1. Reporting a Bug¶
- As a good contributer of the open source community, please report bugs. If it is a UMEP plugin related issue - report this to the UMEP issue tracker. You can see if your bug is already reported. In order for the UMEP team to solve your issue as easy as fast as possible, please provide a full description of the problem including steps to repeat it. The more info given, the easier it is for us to solve your issues.
- Please have a look at Known Issues and FAQ before submitting an issue to the repository OR taka look at our Discussion forum.
- A bug may also be caused by QGIS. By reporting bugs (and also maybe helping out to solve them) is essential to the open source community. At [www.qgis.org www.qgis.org] you can find out more on what you can do to get involved.
- QGIS: how to report a QGIS issue: https://qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/development/bugreporting.html#reporting-issues-on-qgis-applications.